Sunday, October 5, 2008

Milestones

Riding a bike is pretty important. This summer Zachary learned to ride his scooter and his bike. I have to laugh because when we first started him on his tricycle, he had absolutely no interest. He did not even care about being outside. So about the time we started therapy, bike riding was one of his skills to learn. We would hold a popscicle out and have him ride to get it. It was all about the reinforcement.


Now he has realized how much more freedom he has, as well as how quickly he can get away from us. He is allowed to go down to the end of the street, but must stay on the side walk. We check on him pretty regularly since I'm not real sure if he might try something I had not thought of yet. So far so good.


I remember how important bike riding was for me and my brother. My mom has my brother in the air on his bike and fully wheely-mode. I always thought that was a cool picture of my brother. Thank goodness we are not there with Zachary yet, but in due time, I'm sure.

We are working on roller blades now. Balance on skates is a whole new ballgame. 8-) Enjoy.




No comments: