Thursday, April 2, 2009

From the mouth's of babes

A while back, my mom sent a video clip of a sweet little girl reciting Psalms 23. I thought, now there is something my boy can do. Zachary has a memory like no other. As a matter of fact, he can tell you things that happened on certain dates several years ago. Just this evening, we were reading a book about snow and he recalled a snow ball fight he had with his sister in 2006. He doesn't always get all the dates right, and thank goodness. I began to wonder if he would also remember all the times my parenting skills were less than perfect. That would be an appropriate pay back. 8-)

Each week at school, the students have to memorize a bible verse. I love that he is learning and hiding God's word in his heart. I'm learning too (one of the benefits of playing mom and tutor). Anyway, I figured I would record him reciting this little passage. At the end, I cut it off too early...he was saying, "I'm all done." It was cute.





And might I add, I memorized it too. My friend Brenda and I laugh at how easily it seems the young can memorize and how we struggle. I guess a little practice goes a long way. Note to self: memorization is not just for the young.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's GREAT! Blaine does the same thing when he's reading outloud to me... the breathing thing. He just keeps right on reading through that breath and I can't tell what he's saying! Isn't that funny! I keep laughing and telling him, "You have to STOP for a second and take a breath!"