I was visiting with my cousin's wife this past weekend at a family affair (more on that another time). She is expecting in August. We were speaking about staying at home or going back to work after the baby arrived. She mentioned being torn and what others would think. Later several of us were discussing ill-behaved children and again what others would think of our kids. I mentioned it didn't matter. Try as we will, no one is a perfect parent and our kids are certain to misbehave. All you can do is put your best foot forward for you and your family, and the rest is life!
I was thinking about that conversation yesterday. It dawned on me that I need to take my own advice. I need to try my best and not worry what others think of me or my Zachary. It seems I worry most what my family & friends thinks of Zachary, when those are the ones that love us the most. As every other parent, I need to fix my eyes on being a godly parent and let the rest fall into place.
P.S. Nicole, I think you and Adam are going to be great parents. All you can do is try your best, and the rest will happen. Micki, ditto for you guys too. Love you both!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Holly, you're so sweet! I'm taking parenting notes from you! XOXO
Holly, Zachary is lucky to have you as a mom! You need to stop worrying so much! By the way, I miss ya'll very much!
Post a Comment