The other day, I put my right blinker on and exited the freeway. I left it on to cross three lanes, and continued to leave it on in order to turn right on the approaching street. I had to laugh at myself when I recalled a time my mom did that on a trip to San Antonio. I was so embarrassed! And now, I am doing it.
I realized last week that becoming more like my mom is not such a bad thing. She is not as dumb as I thought when I was in high school, and she sure seems to know a lot more than I do about most things. As a matter of fact, I honestly believe I subconsciously chose financial planning as a profession because my mom was a "financial planner" herself. She is well organized and taught me how to get by on what I had without creating a bunch of debt for myself or expecting others to help me. My mom can fix just about anything it seems like. I think she actually gives my husband a run for his money. And when Zachary goes to visit, she is actively involved in being with him, whether it is building a bird house or painting a picture for his bedroom.
This is a picture my mom and Zachary painted together last month

This is a birdhouse they built last summer
So if I become a little more like my mom, it is not such a bad thing. As a matter of fact, I would be honored to do so. Love you Mom.
1 comment:
I love it! You are finally old enough to appreciate your mom. Way to go, she is a special lady. Looking forward to a great weekend. I love the picture for his room. Aunt ruth
Post a Comment