Friday, December 11, 2009

"Santa came to town yesterday"

That is what Zachary said on Wednesday, after the Cub Scout meeting Tuesday. His face lit up when Santa walked in the room. I'm glad he still believes, and is having a wonderful time this year admiring lights and playing many of the Christmas songs he has learned or is learning.
Here is a Cub Scout picture. One of our den leaders painted the backdrop. Isn't it beautiful!
Now this next picture, you may be wondering why I included. Maybe even asked "what is the big deal. It is a pencil drawing of what appears to be three houses." Well if you are a mom, you wait for the day that your child will draw their first picture for you. So if you can read the writing, you will see I got my first picture last week. He proudly got it out of his backpack and brought it to me. It might not be much to anyone else, but it is the best Christmas gift I will get this year.

He may not be an artist, but he is a pianist, passionate about chess, cares for his friends when they are upset, offers to give hugs whenever possible, and enjoys wrestling with his dad...just to name a few. Can you tell I love my kid!

14 days till Christmas!

No comments: