Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A winner!

Pinewood Derby 2010

Was our car a winner, no, not exactly, but a few things occurred, that in my book make Zachary and John winners. First, John spent time with Zachary teaching to him to sand, paint, nail, etc. And just so you know, I secretly posed a challenge. You know, one of those your husband doesn't realize is a challenge, but you are certain he will take it. I asked him if he wanted to work with Zachary on his car, and if not, I would see about my mom doing it. Nothing like being shown up to a girl. He took the bait. That's a winner!

The second thing that happened is that Zachary was excited. He was excited to build the car, to race the car, and to be at the race. You never know what he might particularly enjoy. Also, when his car didn't win, while he was bummed, he was able to enjoy the rest of the race. Yeah, social skills. Now that's a winner!

And the last winning act was of John. I did not get to stay for the race, but John did. The race was from 9:30-2P. I never thought it would last that long, but John stayed the whole time despite Zachary's car being out of the finals. And, he even said he learned a thing or two for next year, so he is willing to participate again. Score! Winner again!




Next, we have Raingutter Regatta. I think it is a boat. And in August they have space ships. I'll let you know how that goes.


P.S. Zachary's number on his car was 91. He said his number was his G.Pop's age. I thought that was cute!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

thats fantastic! love to hear about those small but oh so special and important "victories"

Unknown said...

Zachary is always a winner to me! He has accomplished so much! I'm so proud of him! And way to go on the social skills!