Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Vacation

At last some time off from therapy. We headed to Corpus on Sunday to stay with my high school friend, Christina. She has four boys, which is a perfect play opportunity for Zachary and good visiting for the adults. Her boys were signed up for horseback riding camp, so Zachary got to go one day. He rode bareback too. I think he was nervous, but he did really good.



Zachary on Diamond





We headed to South Padre for the rest of the week. I like to go down there because I don't have to cook - that is a bonus within itself! I was trying to get a picture with Daddy, but Zachary wasn't cooperating. He was making these silly faces and then laughing.

We tried our hand at a little putt putt. I think the professional came out in John, but Zachary still beat him, at least keeping score Zachary's way.



But the major score was when we stopped for ice cream one night. There was a store next door, so we wondered around, and Zachary found a double-bladed light saber. Oh my goodness, the excitement. Granted he doesn't show much expression, but his sweet little smile said it all.

We were back on Friday with the weekend to take care of a few things. By Sunday, we were well rested & ready for the work week. Vacation does everyone some good. Next stop, Playa del Carmen.

No comments: