Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Swim Team

I decided I wanted Zachary to be a better swimmer about a year ago, but his therapy schedule would not allow it. I thought it was important since he does not seem to understand drowning.

I mentioned swim team to him last summer, and he has talked about it off and on all year long. We started the last week in April, and have been swimming Monday through Friday for an hour per day ever since. Zachary really likes it and wants to be faster and better. I have been so impressed with him and how he has improved. They learn four strokes and let me tell you, there are a lot of pieces of information to coordinate. And with group instruction, well, that can be a challenge in itself.

Last week was our first Swim Meet. And it was chaos! People everywhere, at 6:30, and most of them smiling. Some are crazy, hard core swimmers. I figure as long as Zachary is enjoying it and improving, we are right on track. He raced in three events and was a trooper from 6A until about 12:30. I was glad we did not have to stay for any relays.

Thought you would want to see how he is beefing up now that he is a swimmer!

No comments: