This summer as part of the transition to tween-hood, we changed Zachary's bed out, along with a few other modifications. I was planning on waiting until after 5th, to make it a cool jr. high change, but he said he needed a bigger bed, and I figured with therapy changing, this was a good time. Besides, it will make it easier to have a friend spend the night too.
So here we have his room before with his loft bed...
I had only just added the shelves for 15 of his Star Wars Lego sets.
This dresser was actually full of Star Wars Lego sets before.
It was so good to be able to sell Z's loft bed to a friend. It has a slide that goes with it, and her son was sooooo happy. This is him below.
And then we converted to a new room. I've been waiting, and finally got to use my crib-to-a toddler-to-a-tween bed. I did not paint because I had only just painted his room 2 years ago, and refused to do it. Zachary still thinks he needs a new color. And I gave up on finding a bedspread that would match and fit his new bed, so this one is finagled.
New bed and nightstand
I really think it even looks better the way it is laid out now. And I will add, that while you may see a TV, it is not hooked up to cable. It only plays his one pac-man game. We matched the nightstand and desk to the bed and chest we've had since he was a baby. It's not exact, but Zachary loves his new room. And I loved the price.
No comments:
Post a Comment