Sunday, August 26, 2012

"I have bad eyes"


I've heard about Zachary having "bad eyes" for more than six months.  He has bad eyes when he gets problems wrong in math or when he doesn't understand the directions in English.  There's all kinds of reasons he has "bad eyes".  So I decided it was time for an official eye exam at Dr. Spitzberg's office.

He was a stellar patient.  Did very well with the eye charts both far and up close.  I actually began to wonder if maybe he was having trouble seeing, but then the doctor said, "As I expected.  The data is conflicting, so I don't think there are any issues."  They took a picture of the inside of his eye, which was a little tricky with the bright flash (he says a flash can damage his eye too).  Nonetheless, his eyes were healthy on all points.

However, he still insisted he needed glasses and decided to try a few on.  These of course had no prescription, and he said "he could see better".  After having already lost a retainer, I opted not to buy another item that wasn't needed and could likely be lost too.  But he sure looked cute...


No comments: