Sunday, October 7, 2012

We met a rock star!

The other day we received an email from a contact at the Houston Symphony.  She had free tickets to offer us for an upcoming performance (8th row, $116 each - wow!).  That in itself was pretty cool, but then she worked out meeting a rock star.  OK, so Adam is not a rock star, but he is a symphony star, or an oboe star or even an English horn star in Zachary's eyes. 


I was just about as nervous as a cat.  You never know what Zachary is going to say, and men do not tend to be as patient with kids that are different.  Zachary on the other hand was very excited!  He was talking a mile a minute and the Mr. Dinitz was very patient and calm with him.  He made Zachary an oboe reed, played a few songs Zack requested, and then they played some music back and forth.  Zachary asked a few questions he had thought of before our meeting, and they visited about the English horn.  Adam gave him a few pointers on holding his oboe & how long to practice each day.  I was busy taking pictures and video, and just beaming at my little man.

The meeting


 





Photo opp - he wore his hair like Adam's too















You may be wondering why I did not put my video on here.  Sadly, my phone crashed and these are the only two pictures I have.  Mr. Dinitz was nice enough to tell Zachary he would be glad to see him at any performance.  Maybe I can get some video next time.  I did asked about Zachary's abilities.  He said 9/10 is ear, and Zachary has that.  He just needs some discipline. 

No comments: