Friday, November 23, 2012

Rice University

On Monday, we decided to take a little adventure in to town and "explore" (as Zachary put it) Rice University.  Let me say, what a beautiful campus!  The first question I expect running through many of your minds is, "what about A&M?"  I've long since realized my Aggie legacy will have to carried on through cousins, rather than my son.  Zachary's love for music prompted him to chose a school his band teacher rated as high for this area and then he found that several musicians from The Houston Symphony had attended Rice as well.  The second thought that might have already ran across your mind is the expense since it is a private university.  Well, I've been told by two separate musically talented adults the oboe often gets scholarships since not many play it.  So score for us if he gets a scholarship.  And last, we have 6 more years to figure out what he wants to do and where he wants to go.  There's no telling if he will change his mind.  He may be attending Houston Community College for all I know.

No comments: