Thursday, March 7, 2013

Another option

Did you ever know a child that loves music more?  The other day, I found string instrument instruction books in his backpack.  Apparently, he was allowed to borrow them from the band hall.  Then more books came, then internet searches began.  He's always seemed to have interest in the double bass, and really most of the strings. 

We had to make a stop at Music & Arts to get his next piano books.  I'm busy looking through books, thinking he is looking at some other books on an alternate wall.  But when I turn around to find him in another part of the store, he says, "take my picture."  Not worried about getting into trouble, or that he is touching a $2300 instrument, or that he might not know what to do.  He does.  He's in his element, and happy.

He makes me smile.


An element of his own.

No comments: