Saturday, December 21, 2013

Back stage

My dad and step-mom took Zachary to the symphony for The Grinch Who Stole Christmas performance.  I had called my dad to give him the low-down on all the "extra" things Zachary might want to do and how my dad might consider handling these various items.  One of the things I mentioned was that an oboist in the symphony had told Zachary he would be happy to visit with him anytime he waited at the back stage doors.  I briefly mentioned it to my dad and gave him an idea of where that was outside of Jones Hall.

After the performance, Zachary asked my dad if he wanted to meet Adam (the oboist), and of course, my dad said yes.  Zachary proceeded to take him backstage, rather than outside.  We had only been back there two times, and I was so lost, I was glad we had an escort.  My dad said Zachary knew right where he was going.  He did run into a security guard and quickly chose an alternate route.  Dad said they showed up amongst the musicians, and someone asked Zachary who he was looking for.  He then proceeded to visit with Adam and Conductor Franz, who you may remember, he met last year.  After a bit, they returned to meet my step-mom.  No big deal in Zachary's mind, just part of his visit.  All I could do was sit there flabbergasted and laugh at Zachary's boldness!

No comments: