Friday, February 21, 2014

Valentine's and responsibility


For Valentine's I made my two boy's scones and shakes.  I also decided it was time to get Zachary a cell phone, and the one I selected happened to be red, so it went with the theme.  It's a basic phone with texting and calls.  He doesn't need much more as we work on responsibility.  I don't expect he will go over minutes or texts because he is not a social butterfly looking to visit with friends.  But he does need to be able to call us and make contact with family if necessary.

Bed head so early in the morning!

I guess I should confess, I really got the phone for me.  He likes to wonder around school and visit with teachers after he has finished in 7th period.  I figured a phone might help me find him a bit faster than tracking through the whole school looking for him.  So far, he hasn't gone to visit anyone lately, so we haven't had to use it.  But on the good side, he hasn't lost it and remembered to take it to school every day.  I've told him to turn the ringer off as he gets out for school, but who knows if he is.  His 7th period teacher said he would remind him to turn the ringer on at the end of school.  Just one of the perks of a little private school...teacher's often go above the call of duty. 

I think his favorite part is the camera.  He loves to take pictures of whatever he happens to be interested in at the time.  If you think of it, send him a text.  We are working on how to respond and loading in contacts.  Everything is a process, but I'm thankful he is willing and able to learn.  713-876-86xx (text me the rest)

No comments: