Thursday, March 27, 2014

What do you know about embarrasement?

Often times, Zachary lacks the filter that most of us develop as we grow.  He has said and done a few things where I wish I could sink in my chair or walk in the other direction (actually, I have walked in the other direction).  I've come to realize, it is just part of the beast and of most of the time I don't really care what other judgmental people are thinking or whispering. 

The other day, Zachary and John were in the front of the house talking.  And Zachary proceeded to tell John all the different slang names he knew for his private area.  I sat in the back giggling and listening.  It is normally me on the receiving end of these conversations.  In the end, he stated that John should call his private part Johnson.  This was humorous to me because just a few days before, he told me to call his part area Willy and was quite adamant about it. 

You should know, we've had strict control over internet usage.  He did check a book out from the public library titled 100% Me.  I think this puberty book is the source of the conversations.  Oh, and we use the anatomical name for his private area.  I know I was embarrassed about using those terms as a child, but Zachary sure isn't.  I'm glad he is comfortable talking to us about it.

No comments: