Friday, August 15, 2008

He has it!!!

No, not the chicken pox! I am trying to share this with as many music fans (and others that think Zachary is cool) as possible because I want you all to be ready when you see his name in lights. So, here it is...are you sitting down, because you are going to think this is soooo cool!!!

Zachary has perfect pitch! He can tell you any note on the piano and tell you intervals (2 notes together) as well as what two notes you are playing simultaneously. He can even tell you sharps and flats. Yesterday at church a music friend of ours wanted to see if he could do it with guitar....he can! Then he got a hymnal and decided to sing a song, and as he was singing, he was kind of changing the pitch of his voice. My friend said, he is site reading that song. Well hello music prodigy.

Piano lessons: $65/month, gas to piano lessons: $10, the look on Zachary's piano teacher's face when she discovered he has perfect pitch: priceless!

Pretty stinking cool. Of course he thinks it is nothing. Another friend noted, where God taketh, He giveth in another way. By golly, I believe He has!

Share in our exciting news. These are the little victories we relish in!

Oh, and please excuse John's crazy morning hair. We were up doing "important" things with Zachary. And of course, I am such the amatuer behind the camera...stupid voice and all.

4 comments:

Cassie said...

too too cool! that is amazing! :)

Unknown said...

That was so cool!

kathy said...

Wow! That is a special talent. Cheryl has told me that having perfect pitch is "God given" and rare. Yea Zachary!

Anonymous said...

I never knew people could do that... much less knew one! WOW! Rock on, Zachary!!