Friday, September 19, 2008

Two boys hanging out

I'm enjoying watching my son bond with Daddy. Sometimes they are very different, but other times very much the same. I like watching them because for so long I've wanted them to be buddies, but considering Zachary, things have simply come at a slower pace. We are getting to enjoy things at a delayed rate. And don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, because at least we are getting to delight in him.

Here the boys are enjoying two of their favorite activities after dinner...ice cream and golf. The other day Zachary was sitting with John and said, "Put it on golf." Do you know, I nearly fainted! But, it is good, they may have a common interest later that will continue their bond.

Here they are washing the car. Something they both detest. But side by side, they are getting it done. And low and behold, we sold the car in about four days.

The sweetness of a little boy's love for his dad. I'm soaking it up while it lasts.