Friday, November 21, 2008

What's been said

I've been keeping up with some of the funny and not so funny things my sweet son says. Here is the top 10 list...

10. "Soda is not good for you." - yeah, he is learning this early, but he does still love to drink it.

9. "We need to get the Chic-Fil-A recipe" - he had asked to go, and I said no, then he asked to make some, and I said it was a secret recipe.

8. "I'm sick of it!" -upon being asked to do a simple task, he made this response. You can bet I couldn't resist the opportunity to tell him what I was sick of.

7. "When are my teeth coming in?" - in response to noticing the bottoms one had been out for a while. I told him we could take a pciture at Granmommy's dental office. He got very quiet. The dental office makes him nervous.

6. "I want a park in my backyard for Christmas" -I tried to explain we didn't have room for a jungle gym and had one in the neighborhood. He went on further to say we needed to buy a bigger backyard.

5. "Pete, Daddy is going to blister your bottom." -in response to John calling Pete to go outside before bed. John had told Zachary he would blister his bottom for bad behavior a previous day. Hmmm, watch what you say Dad.

4. Zachary: "I want to move to my own home." - me: "OK, let me get you a bag." This was stated when he was upset about having to do something and figured his own place might be better.

3. "Daddy has a baby in his tummy." -he then proceeds to pop John on the belly. He has also said 'daddy has air in his belly.' Sure makes you think about what else he might be implying. Ha!

2. Me: "what do you want for Christmas?" Zachary-"I want a 6 month real baby girl." -maybe this is why he is hitting John's stomach requesting a baby. I had told him he could have a dolly. That is where the 'real' part came in.

1. "Good night mom" as I closed his bedroom door. I followed up with "I love you" and like it was nothing, he said, "I love you too." How long I have waited to hear those four sweet words, as well as a spontaneous 'good night'.

The sound of my son's voice most of the time is a precious sound for me. Like music to my ears. I've waited for the sweet words, and thank God for His timing. This reminds me that I need to record Zachary so that one day I will be able to hear those words in that sweet little voice again.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

ohhhhhhhh sooo cute! he is a funny one! haha! :) so glad you wrote those down! and so glad you get to hear sweet words like I love you!! ;)