Friday, January 30, 2009

"I want stick up hair"

Have you ever seen "stick up hair"? I have, but I wasn't aware it was called "stick-up hair". According to Zachary two boys he knows have stick-up hair, and he wanted hair like theirs. "Alright," I say, "let's do it." So one day during Christmas break, I do a full blown mohawk, and he loved it! Needless to say, I had to flatten it before we went out to eat dinner for fear I might embarrass his sister and father.



Well, we finally had to go for a haircut last week because Zachary's eyebrows had disappeared under his lengthy hair. While there, we discussed having "stick-up hair" every day. He liked that idea. His wonderful hairstylist, Anisha, said, "let's not go so short in case he and his dad don't like it." Good idea, I thought.



Well, he loves it, and every day, he wants "stick-up hair". John even got him some 'hair glue'. Fortunately, John will help him fix it, so it is not only left up to me. It is a messy, spiky, kind of do. I have to say, I think he is pretty cute, but of course, I am partial. So you be the judge. Let us know how you feel. Vote to the right.


P.S. It makes me kind of sad. First short socks for school, and now "cool" hair, as he referred to it the other day. I guess there is no turning back to the days of my baby being a baby. Sorry the lighting in the picture is not so great, he was starting to get upset in the other ones and this one had the best smile. His hair is also 'day-old', but it looks waaaay cool in the morning.

No comments: