Friday, August 28, 2009

Back to school

Same place, same uniform, different year. This year, we started 3rd grade. Over the weekend, Zachary was already telling me how he did not like English or Math tests. His teacher is Miss Trout. I love her! She loves the kids and has a desire for them to learn spiritually and academically. Her class is quiet and controlled, and she always states her expectations before the children are allowed to move. She shows loving discipline. So far, I think this year will work out very good.






On a funny note, I was explaining Ms. Trout's conduct policy. If a child gets too many marks against their name, they have to write 75 sentences for homework that night. So something like, "I will not talk in class." I explained this to Zachary, and he said, "that is too many. It should be five." I told him let's just work not having to write the sentences.

2 comments:

nannas said...

What a handsome boy and so smart! I love the hands in the pocket...such a guy thing!

Janet P. said...

Sounds like Zachary is off to a grand start. He looks so grown up! I really like his piano piece (he's quite good, you know) and I loved the camp pictures -- both Chess Camp and Boy Scout Camp. This is an All American Boy having an All American life.