On Wednesday, I was taking a shower while Zachary was eating breakfast. Normally he watches tennis while he eats, so he is preoccupied. He lost his TV privileges, so I guess he thought he would entertain himself.
I get out of the shower to hear Pete barking and a loud knock on the door, followed by the door knocker being used and then a knock again. This did not sound like a normal solicitor, which I don't normally answer. So I go to the peep hole, in my towel, no less....looks like a man in a uniform. I'm a little confused, so I say "who is it?" He says, "Pasadena Police. We received a 911 call from this number. Is everything OK?"
So in my shame, I crack the door and quickly explain Zachary and the situation, profusely apologize, and say we are fine. Then I found Zachary with two phones, quietly eating as if nothing new was going on. I see the answering machine has a message, so I play it back. They say the typical stuff and then add, "the phone was answered by a young man saying "I have no idea what you are talking about! We've dispatched an officer. Please call us back."
After I regain my composure, I remind him of our trip that past Wednesday to the Police Station with the Boy Scouts, and we were not to play on the phone.
You know, I had always been proud that he had never placed that call when he was younger. I guess I am getting a few pranks a little later in his life. Hmm, what's to come?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment