Friday, December 18, 2009

The solo

As the anticipated Christmas musical began, I commented to John on where Zachary would be standing for his part. He said, "he has a solo part?!?" He had already sung the 3rd grade song and took his place appropriately.

When the time came during "Everybody's Bonkers...Well, it must be Christmas" he made his way down to the stage right on cue. So far so good. Zachary knew his part, and had practiced it for many weeks. As his line came up during the song, the first little boys microphone did not work, so there seemed to be some confusion. He said his line right on time, albeit there still seemed to be some confusion. His line was..."Charities, they think we're stingy!" I know, it is not very long, but he got a part, and he was really excited.

After the program, he insisted he take a picture in front of the tree in the lobby.


We are very proud of him, and pleased they allowed him a part. He continues with his enthusiasm for Christmas, and exclaimed this morning that Nana's house is beautiful at Christmas. And then followed with a quick, "I'm getting my presents on Saturday." This Christmas has been fun for all of us and the best is yet to come~ 6 days, but whose counting?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of Zachary too! And happy for you to share this Christmas joy. Aunt Ruth