Thursday, August 12, 2010

Aaaaahhhhh...

Cancun! I've never really wanted to go because all I've ever heard is it is commercialized and like the States. Lies, lies, lies. John & I went on our annual "just us" vacation.

We arrived later than expected after the travel to the resort and a delayed plane. But a good learning experience for next time. We were beach/pool bums the whole next day. How could you not be. They literally had like beds, shaded or partial shade, lining the beach and pool. It was an adult only resort, so I guess it was appropriate. There were a few couples needing to take it back to their own rooms, and a topless sunbather. Woohoo! I did actually think it was a man at first.

The next day we went to Tulum, one of the Mayan ruins. That was super cool, and I think we made a good decision to go here rather than Chitchen Itza, which was 2 1/2 hours away. This ruin was 30 minutes away an on the beach. Guess were we went after hiking through the ruins... swimming!















I had to get a picture of the water. It was beautiful! Little did I realize this picture would make me look like the ultimate, dorky tourist. Dork or not, I did get to finish off my day with a massage on the beach. I think it was the best massage I've ever had.

This was at dinner one evening. I had to post it. It is tough getting a great picture of John. Pay no mind that I look a little dumb and was having a hair issue.


And here we are just being dumb at dinner. Good memories, a break from the hustle and bustle. Goal accomplished. And thank you Nana for keeping Zachary.

1 comment:

Shelbi Keith said...

So fun! I went to Cancun for my senior trip and so far it is at the top of my list for prettiest beaches!