Friday, August 20, 2010

Summer memories

Summer draws to a close, but we have had many funny moments at our house. Hope you enjoy his humor. I think you will if are a Star Wars fan.

1. Independence has it's lessons. He decided to add pepper to his broccoli. We've shown him many times how to "shake". No luck. Dump. Zachary, "this pepper is burning my tongue off."

2. Mom: "Do you want a snack?" Zachary: "No, I've got cottage." I guess I've been talking a bit to much about the cheese on my thighs. His attempt to show me his "cottage" was even more funny!

3. Zachary expressed a disinterest in attending college the other day. After reminding him to focus on 4th grade, I questioned about his intents after school. He said he was going to be a Clone Ranger, but would not be attending Clone Ranger school.

4. At the orthodontist, after successfully convincing him not to wear hot pink rubber bands, he chose purple. We discussed how purple is a "girl" color. He said, but Mace Windu has a purple light saber. Of course, Star Wars.

5. I went into his room the other day. He had almost all of the Jedi Council set-up for a meeting, created from his Star Wars Legos. I can only imagine what they were discussing. Very creative for him.

6. For at least a year, I've been trying to explain the concept of "talking back". I really have been unsure if he grasp this until he told me Anakin talked back. Qui Gon Jinn told Anakin to stay in the ship, and Anakin said "But I...". Zachary said, that is talking back. Yah, all this Star Wars stuff is teaching him something useful.

7. Zachary approached me and said, "Darth Maul's (Star Wars) bringing the sexy back." I'm sitting there stunned. What does that even mean? And he doesn't know. It is the title to a series of Darth Maul scenes from Star Wars set to a hip song, that he found on YouTube. I do monitor these things, but apparently I need to be checking out the titles as well.

8. If you know the Dairy of a Wimpy Kid series, this will be funny. This series is about a junior high school boy's experiences. The basic gist is that someone has left a piece of cheese on the playground. If you touched it or the person that touched it, you were labeled as having the "cheese touch". While at a church function, I mentioned watching out for some dog poop. Well, later, we didn't see a little dried poop. When I told him to move his foot away from it, he said, "oh, no, I have the poop touch!" I nearly died laughing. So, he is comprehending something when he reads!

Alas, school starts Monday. We are ready, and looking forward to more of our Zachary's Whacked comedy series this Fall.

No comments: