Zachary said the other night, "Mom, you shouldn't take the word 'butt' in vain." So for a little background information, he recently has been into the 10 commandments. I then ask him, "what do you mean? How can you take the word butt in vain?" He says, "you take the word butt in vain when you say ass." Now let me tell you how hard that was to not laugh. We went right out to Dad to let him know Zachary had picked up one of Daddy's driving words.
Last week when he was playing a chess game on the computer, he looked at a YouTube video of the same game. I expect he was trying to cheat. Anyway, it had "Let's get this party started" playing in the background. He says, "Mom, I can say that at my birthday party!" And that he did. He even sang it and danced a bit. His friends just sat there and smiled. 4th grade seems to be the age when things start to become embarrassing to kids. I say, "let's get this party started!"
Not so much in the way of funny, but more in the way of milestones. So many of you have followed Zachary's journey from non-verbal and other issues to where he is today. After his birthday party on Friday, John and I could not stop talking about how well he did. He talked with his friends about the movie, he got excited about his presents. No less, when he got money, he said he was rich...like Bryan's parents. He laughed with the boys, drove the go carts and bumper cars. They played video games and collected tons of tickets. He had a blast, as did the other boys as well. He looked like the rest of the boys. We were so proud of him. I have the memory solidified in my thinking. Thank you for the years of prayers. We are not out of the woods yet, so don't stop, but we are getting so close. I feel I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. What a great day it will be to celebrate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment