Sunday, January 2, 2011

Xmas morning

After hanging our stockings (and shoes) to dry from the torrential down pour Xmas Eve, we waited for Santa to deliver the goods. I had problems sleeping because I knew Zachary was excited. His excitement was contagious and is getting better and better each year. Sadly, I expect it will end soon enough as we know several kids that can't hear the Xmas bell.

Zachary got several gifts he was hoping for. I think two of his favorites were Bugle Boy underwear and a family laptop. A buddy of Zachary's wears BB & he had to have them. Santa had a challenging time finding them, but he came through. A little unexpected was a family laptop. Even John was surprised. Zachary went right past it until he realized what it was. Being that it was Xmas, he got plenty of play on it. And now, I don't have to share mine. :)

Here is his letter to Santa, and Santa even left a note for Zack...



Happily playing on the new laptop



My mom got him a U.S. map he wanted.

The best was Lauren's last gift. She had found a coffee table and end table at an antique store. She couldn't afford both, but was telling us about re-staining the coffee table. Anyway, we got her the end table. I had her going all over the house finding clues. This is when she finally saw the table. I love a surprise!


Now for those of you who think my mom doesn't care much for animals, I'm here to show you different. Miracles do not cease to happen. That is Pete snuggled up next to her sleeping. You missed the part where she talked all sweet and was scratching him behind the ears. She is a softy, but I don't expect she will be offering Pete a place to stay next time we go on vacation.

And that was Christmas in a nutshell. We had a nice day with presents and visiting with Mom and Mike. I was so glad they stayed the day. We had a nice steak dinner and ended an exhausting day with a movie at home. I look forward to next year's Christmas celebration, but in the meantime, will keep my eyes on the new born Savior.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

how wonderful! :) love that sneak peak at rita! heehee. Chritsmas hugs! missed seeing you!!