We decided to attend the 11P service Xmas Eve. Before leaving, Zachary thought he better move the fireplace screen so Santa could easily get in.
Notice the screen moved to the left
On the way home, he was very concerned about Santa skipping our house since we were still awake. I told him not to worry. We got him to bed and John and I were up for a few more minutes. He came out while we were preparing for Christmas morning and said, "Santa won't come if you don't come to bed too." He also told Lauren he would rather be in bed than in church. I think that was because of Santa, but it sounded funnier than he knew.

I slept restless all night. I guess I was excited for Zachary. I got up to go to the bathroom, and Zachary was off. There was no stopping him, nor time to prepare a camera. And John was no help, he was asleep. I ran out to interrupt, and stopped him until everyone got up.
Typical Xmas with tearing through packages, but he did actually pass out presents, and show a high level of excitement. It really was fun! He was actually funny! He got his Mario 64 game first, and headed to his room. That was all he needed to be happy. We had to call him back to finish.
I made a new casserole for breakfast, and it was surprisingly tasty. We had nice late lunch, and settled down for a double-hitter of Diary of a Wimpy Kid and puzzles for the evening. We enjoyed light snacks for dinner and leftovers. I did some cooking the day before, so I was not in the kitchen the whole day. That really made it nice.
We had a wonderful Xmas and I think everyone got a few things they wanted! Now, we are just resting before we head back to school. I can't believe we will be done with elementary in five months. Also, this is our first vacation together without therapy. It's been so nice!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment