The chess interest is back. After attending his first chess tournament this Spring, Zack got the itch to play a bit more. And he decided he wanted to attend camp again. He hasn't been in three years, so I wondered where they would place him based on his skills. He was actually put in the highest level class, and won a few and lost a few. He enjoyed attending, and after another student said, "I'll be back in July," he was ready to return too. For the fact that it is basically all the way in Houston, we will not be going back. But since then, he has been caught working chess puzzles and playing chess online.
 |
| Shaking hands with the Chess Master - the coveted title by all young boys |
 |
| And receiving the same trophy as last time. Participation trophies are ridiculous! |
Chess has been good for focus, so I hope some of the things he has learned might carry over academically. In the meantime, brush up on your chess skills. We may be making a visit and need all potential players ready for defeat.
No comments:
Post a Comment