Thursday, July 19, 2012

Funny things said...

At this point, 5th grade is over and we are well into summer.  But I wanted to share some funny things he has said over the year.

10.  My girlfriend and her kids were over.  Zachary suggested a game, which is unusual.  The game was called "Spank the Booty", as he gave a little grin.  Come to find out, this was an option on the same page as Pac-man and various other children's games, only Zack wanted to play it in real life with the other kids. You can imagine the game.

9.  One day in the car, Zachary said, "Mom, I inked."  Me:  what's that mean?  Zachary:  I farted.  I think he had seen Nemo recently.

8.  We were out in the car, and Zachary says, "It has to stop raining or I may get a cavity."  Not sure how the two relate.

7.  He has several teeth loose.  We talked about the tooth fairy, since it has been a while.  I asked what the tooth fairy should bring...."maybe some coins, but I'd like $10,000" - the coins mentioned with a somber tone, and the $10,000 mumbled under his breath.

6.  When he doesn't like to do something or eat a particular food, Zachary says he's allergic.  So we have been talking about allergies and what they really are.  I told him I was allergic to cats as an example, and that I often sneeze.  So we are at Target and this lady sneezes 7x, and he says, "she must be allergic to cats."

5.  Along with the allergies talk, has become a desire to get a cat.  We are not cat people, so there will not be a cat at our house, despite Zachary's pleading.  Anyway, he says, "when I get older, I'm going to get a cat for my house."  I said I thought that would be just fine, but we wouldn't be able to come visit because I'm allergic...Z:  Never mind, then.  He loves his mama!

4.  Zachary has been learning about idioms which are rather challenging for a literal child.  An example of an idiom would be 'it's raining cats and dogs.'  Zack discussed wanting to go to Lupe's for dinner and I said I wasn't sure his dad would want to go.  He said, "Let's make a secret decision, and we won't let the cat out of the bag." 

3.  In the car on the way home, he says, "mom, the teachers at school are really impressed with the 6th graders,"  as he smiles and nods proudly of himself (since he will be in 6th grade).  I didn't figure to tell him the teachers get less and less impressed with you as you get older.  ;-)

2.  When he received his Easter basket this year, we talked about the Easter bunny's existence.  I asked him where he thought his basket stuff came from.  He said, "Santa?"

1.  Zachary had spilled a few crumbs on his place mate, and I commented cleaning them up.  He casually flipped it over, and smiled (implying, fixed it!).  I've seen something similar with two men in a commercial. 

0.  In order to download apps on his ipod touch, I have to put in my account password.  The other day he sat down beside me and chuckled, "let's play crack the code."  He proceeded to type in my account password.  He laughed hysterically, but the laughing stopped once I realized he had charged $100.49 worth of apps and songs.

And some sweet things he has done in the last year:
-He has started holding the door for me.  Once I told him women and children go first.  He said, children should go first.  Not sure what happened, but he decided to hold the door for me the other day and hasn't stopped.

-I had come into the kitchen before heading out to a meeting.  And he said, "you look pretty, Mom."  So sweet to receive a compliment from him.

-And last, in the car, he says, "my hugs are sweeter now."  I asked why. He said, "Because I've changed my heart."

No comments: