Saturday, October 5, 2013

Found

He needed a home, and only three days prior had a spot come available.  I never imagined I would get another dog right after Pete passed.  But Kirby was abandoned and needed a home.  A friend of a friend found him on the way to work, on Kirby Drive in Pasadena.  I figured he had to be someones, and so we decided to wait.  The rescuers searched neighborhoods, reported it to the police in their little city, and went to the vet to check on a pet chip, but no one came.

After a week, Kirby came home with us.  I was afraid to wait too long.  I figured John only said yes because he was sympathetic to my recent loss.  He has been a wonderful addition to our family.  He is the sweetest little dog.  He is an approximately 2 year old, male chihuahua.  Pete always wanted to be around you, but Kirby wants to love on you. He is so appreciative of every bit of attention you give him.  And the best thing for our family is that he is good with Zachary, and even John likes him pretty well.

We are in a different stage with Zachary, so I need the calm of Kirby.  I need the quiet walks with him, and the company in the early hours of the morning.  He even encourages me to play with him and it takes my mind off of aggravations. 



I'm thankful for whoever decided they could no longer keep him.  He needed us, and we needed him.

No comments: