Well it has been two weeks and Zachary is doing absolutely fabulous in school! This time last year I was frustrated, crying at times, and doing an awful lot of praying. But this year is sooo different. Zachary's main teacher is Mrs. Delany. She is wonderful! She has a kind, warm, caring personality and has expressed that Zachary makes her laugh. She was re-hired after a year off with her new baby. I'm sure Dr. B told her Zachary would be in her class. What I love is that she was willing to take the challenge, get on the adventure ride, if you will.
Zachary's other teacher (they team teach) is Mrs. Rollins. She has turned out to be a wonderful suprise and has embraced Zachary's presence. She quickly recognizes when Zachary needs a prompt and has been able to engage him during her lessons. Both teachers seem open to suggestions and to encourage Zachary's learning environment.
I always have felt this was the right school for Zachary, that God honestly led us here. The reason's are numerous, but last year was tough. It was the first time for a child like Zachary at this school. This year, it seems all the hard work, at the school and with Zachary, has finally paid off. We are seeing straight A's on all tests so far and Zachary has stayed on white (the best color of the day) for the past 9 days at school! His therapist have little negative to say. And while, we a few things to tweak, I think we are really on the right track.
Last year, there were times I felt I was just under the surface of the water. Like I couldn't quite breath. I finally feel like I, or better said, we are breaking through the surface. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I can FINALLY faintly see it. God is good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YEAY!!! i am so happy to hear things are going well at school!!
Post a Comment