I've included an annual addition of Zachary, starting with his twelve month picture up through eight years old. The changes seem subtle after age 5, with mainly lost teeth and spiky hair. But I know the real changes. I've watched my little boy go from being "lost" in his own world, to slowly come around to a "typical" boy with a little work left. Since he was 2 1/2, I've watched him learn the things we take for granted in our little ones. He has worked tirelessly with a schedule of 40+ hours a week of therapy and school since he was three. There are so many victories that we have relished in. Many we see every day.




I hope Zachary knows that I push him as hard as I do because I love him. While there are days that are more trying than others, I truly love this little boy and cannot imagine life with out him. Today, Zachary, we delight in you. We celebrate you and all the hard work you do each day. Happy Birthday and Happy Valentine's Day, Sweetheart!
We love you,
Mommy and Daddy
P.S. John was so proud of Zachary being able to skate so good at the rink. When we practiced at home, John wouldn't let him do it by himself. I guess he was afraid he would fall. I kept telling him, "he can do it." And he did. Way to go Zachary!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Zachary!! Love your spikey hair and rubrics cube cake! too cool! :) Great Post Holly! I love looking at all the pictures! He is so precious!
Looks like a fun party, I love the cake. It's so fun to see how he has changed over the years.
Post a Comment