I've nothing to report on the family this week, but I do have a neat story to tell. My dear friend Andrea has been married for several years now, and she and Herb have been trying to bring a baby into their family for at least three years. For all of you who have gone through trying to get pregnant (at any level), you know their frustration.
Well, about two weeks ago, they received some news. The doctor had figured out what the problem was and Andrea needed surgery. This seemed to be pretty serious surgery (at least to me), with a recovery period of six weeks. The amazing thing to me was that Andrea seemed pleasantly upbeat. Maybe it was the hope that this would be the solution.
On Friday, they went in and she signed her life away as they prepped for the surgery that would be the following week. She also had some blood work done. They got a call that afternoon, and she is pregnant. She said to me, "of all the times we tried not to get pregnant because of the impending surgery." We all had a good laugh.
I bring this up because as I read over her email, I thought about how we think we have everything under control, and really, He does. God knew their frustrations with getting pregnant, He knew she might need surgery, and He knew that baby before it was conceived. I just wanted to take a minute and make sure you all know that God knows the desires of our hearts. He has definitely answered my dear friend's desire, and will answer's your too.
Psalm 9:1-2 - I'm thanking you, God, from a full heart, I'm writing the book on your wonders. I'm whistling, laughing, and jumping for joy; I'm singing your song, High God.
Will you sing for joy with The Williams Family? I would ask any of you that feel led to pray to please lift them up. She still has concerns over the cause for the surgery, and of course needs prayer for the new life she is carrying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment