Sunday, May 23, 2010

Three day mission trip

OK, not really, but that is how my legs ached after the past three days. Thursday, we started unloading for a garage sale at about 1:30. We worked until 9P. Friday, we opened at 7A, but I had to leave at 2P to grab Zachary from school. It was nice to hang out with my aunts and my step-dad for a day, and my wonderful husband took care of Zachary. He got him picked up, studied for a history test and back to school for Friday.

Saturday came doubly early with a 5A alarm to start the day for our Clear Lake Christian School Golf Tournament. I have to brag on my husband. He raised over $30,000 for the tournament. So many of his friends were gracious enough to make contributions and not even play. It turned out to be a long, but successful day.
Half of the winning team's golfers!!!
John let Zachary play the first nine holes. Tournament play is a little different, so I think Zachary got bored. Overall he did pretty good for such a long day. We got home at 3P and crashed out before we went to dinner. Three successful days despite a little wear-and-tear on our bodies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The best part of the garage sale was the time I spent visiting with you. Thanks for all of your help. Aunt Ruth