Zachary was busted on Friday for lying about completing his school work. He has told "little" lies about having his school books or planner packed. And I've questioned whether those were lies or maybe he wasn't sure. He used to say yes, and sometimes still does, to any question if he is not listening. We've discussed these possible lies and how people will not trust you, and that it is not acceptable behavior.
On Thursday, his teacher asked him twice if he had his unfinished school work packed. Both times, he looked right at her and said, "yes ma'am." When it was discovered, he confessed that he did not want to take it home because he did not want the extra homework. While disappointed about his decision, I can see the positive. Now work with me here...as different as Zachary already is, I see this as a sign of becoming more and more like one of the other children. Obviously, I don't want him lying, but as he matures, he continues to behave in many typical ways.
Nonetheless, my "date weekend" turned into a homework weekend. He worked all weekend long, and believe it or not, did not complain much about the amount of work I piled on. We read "The boy that Cried Wolf" and discussed all he missed out on since he wasn't truthful. And he confessed he wants God to help him not to lie. So he has something to pray about, and so do I.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment