Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Webelos Woods







This weekend was Webelos Woods. This is where the boys show what they have learned as they prepare to bridge over from Webelos to Boy Scouts. It was a little competition emphasizing team work in various areas. We were so proud of boys. They placed 9th out of 53 Webelos I patrols (5th grade are Webelos II). They placed 2nd in Camping and one of the leaders attributed that success to Zachary's efforts. Goooo Zachary!




Despite the freezing weather, which I slept in 3 layers with 3 layers of covers and never got warm, and that 2 boys had nightmares and screamed out in there sleep, we had a pretty good time. Zachary slept in a tent with another boy, so I was a little stressed the first night. But he really showed improvement at this camp out as far as staying with the boys, and I did not worry as much about him wondering off.


No comments: