We started Mother's Day with a Super Sprint Triathlon. My girlfriend and I decided to knock something off our bucket list. The "super" part means it was really short. We swam 200m, biked 8 miles, and ran 2 miles. Really nothing too challenging...WRONG!
For me it was challenging, and I felt much better when I saw many people walking during the run part. For that matter, there was a girl with a basket on her bike and she was pedaling like it was time for a nice afternoon ride. The hardest part for me was the swimming. I thought I would do so much better, but I was tired very quickly. And when you hear it called Combat Swimming, you know you are in for a doozy. People were everywhere trying to drown you. And you can get a little anxious when you realize you are in the middle of the lake with no saving device. And no less, I cut my foot in the beginning.
The other part that is a little challenging is unwelding your legs from the bike and then forcing them into a run position. You would think this wouldn't be sooo hard with me being bo-legged. Not the case. It takes a few minutes to adjust. And my cousin Travis, a mega-triathlete, was right. Adrenaline does do something for you. I was projecting an hour and a half. Well something came over me after the swim. It was probably thoughts of you will look like a looser if you don't get moving on that bike. None the less, I finished in just over an hour. Woohoo!
Now the funny part...pictures.
Training buddies (and no less, they wrote your age on the back of your leg).
And then for fun and to look like I might have looked like I knew what I was doing, we took a few goofy pictures. As you can see God gave me defined arms, but they sure didn't help in the swimming. :-)
I leave you with this....Whose up for a triathlon? If I can do it, you sure can.
No comments:
Post a Comment