Well, it is finally happening. My child is growing up and starting to verbalize why he is grown up. Quite a while back, I snuck his blanket and stuffed reindeer out of his bed. Occasionally, I would find it back in bed with him if he wasn't feeling well. But recently, other things have started happening.
He first told me, he didn't need "this baby pillow". His big pillow was fine. Then he went to my dad's and told him he didn't need to eat at the "little table". He said he needed a TV tray instead. Since then, he has decided to skip pajamas and only wear underwear...like Dad. We are working on at least shorts until bedtime.
Two weeks ago, he decided to move out of our bathroom down to his. He says it is so he can get ready faster. And then the big one came. "I need a bigger bed. This one is for little kids." (Sigh)
At least at this point, he is still quite sweet, and has the sweetest voice. He still lets me hug and kiss him, and is willing to hold my hand in public. I expect it won't be too long before this all changes too. (sigh). For now, I will relish the morning snuggles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment