Have had a few busy days these past weeks with extra added events at school. We had our Spring banquet, and the band played. That night made me proud. Zack had his first "solo," with a few drums and such in the background, but only he was primarily playing.
We went to see a movie the school put together in lieu of a Spring Show last night. Zachary had a speaking part. The movie was cute, but I missed the Spring Show.
Then after the movie, we headed to the symphony with Zachary's friend Joseph. The conductor for the classical music is retiring, so this was one of his final concerts. I expect you are dying to know what was played. The symphony performed Mahler Symphony No. 2 in C minor (Resurrection). You're probably humming it now. Zachary was familiar with the piece, but I had not ever heard it and expect that was much of the audience as well.
I do not have really any pictures to post of these recent events. Receiving a certificate of participation and taking pictures of movie Zachary was in seem a little out of order for a blog. So, you get this, and the smile looks painful no less...
Joseph has always been a good friend to Zachary, looking out for him and pointing him in the right direction. They are moving on to a new school next year, as have two other friends. But, I'm certain God has something good in store for Zachary and his three friends no matter where they attend school. We will miss Zachary's friends that he has known since 1st grade, but hope to keep contact with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment