Friday, May 31, 2013

Straight A's

John won an ipad mini the other day and wanted to give it to Zachary.  I encouraged him to use it as an end of school year gift.  Zachary has been saying he needs one so he can read his library books on it.  I thought, "hmmm, if this would help him, OK, we can do this."  Besides it was no money out of our pocket. 

In May, I had asked Zachary if he felt he deserved anything for getting straight A's.  He promptly said a 12 reed oboe case at H&H Music.  We briefly discussed a previous desire for an ipad mini and that is not what he wanted, at least at this point.  You be the judge based on the pictures whether he was excited about the ipad mini.

He opened it with enthusiasm.
And I quote, "this is not what I wanted."
    
Forced smile for the blog







After a few minutes, I believe he began to realize what he could do with this option.  And then, he was very excited.  However, he's had it for two weeks, and not one book has been read on it.  One can always hope.

No comments: