Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Coveting your prayers

This Friday is Zachary's annual testing at 11A. Most of you know it is about 4-5 hours long. John and I have to recall all the details of Zachary's year and respond to test questions as well. I'm not complaining about it. It is just part of the deal. I'm not stressed like I used to be, but I want Zachary to do well. I expect the testing would be faster if his attention was good. So would you pray for him to have good attention, focus, and quick responses.

The one test I dread is his social test. I think the scores are all derived from parent questioning. Every year I go with anticipation that he will improve by at least 12 months so he won't loose any more ground. Last year, he was 4 1/2 years behind his actual age. This year, he has made such gains in his social skills, or at least I think he has. We shall see what the tests say.

So, if you are not doing anything on Friday between 11 and 5, would you mind upholding us in prayer. We would truly appreciate it. Whatever the results, I know God has a plan for my Zachary. And we will use the information to alter his therapy accordingly. I'll let you all know the good news as soon as I receive it.

No comments: